artrepublic competition: The Art of Hope – Winner Announced!
artrepublic.com were extremely impressed with the high standard of entries to our ‘Art of Hope’ competition – our very first print design arts competition to find out your vision for the transition from 2008 to 2009.
We are very pleased to announce that the winning entry to our Art of Hope competition came from Archi Ram, congratulations on an outstanding piece of work!
We are also very honoured because the artist has decided to name his work after the title of our competition.
Ten EXCLUSIVE artist proofs of ‘The Art of Hope’ are now available to purchase from our website.
artrepublic would like to give a big thank you to the many artists who entered our Art of Hope competition. We received well over 100 entries and the standard was very high indeed.
Both Hutch and Graham Carter recently visited our Brighton gallery to judge the entries.
They found the final choice extremely difficult and came up with three works that they thought were outstanding.
Here are the other two who made it to the shortlist:
Entered by TOAD
Entered by Jimi Jugio
Many thanks again to everyone who entered.
Here’s full details of the competition:
The world is currently faced with challenging times, but historically some of the most influential graphic artists of the 20th century have produced their greatest works in the face of adversity. We now want to see your impression of what hope 2009 will bring.
artrepublic are offering one lucky artist the opportunity to exhibit their winning print in either our Brighton or London galleries and worldwide online. The winner’s work will be displayed and sold in the store alongside the likes of Peter Blake, Banksy and Pure Evil.
artrepublic want you to symbolise the change from 2008 to 2009 with a raw and honest piece of graphic or poster art in ‘The Art of Hope’ competition. Our adept panel of judges, including expert illustrator and printmaker Graham Carter and accomplished screen printer Hutch, are relishing the chance to discover some fresh new talent!
Above are examples of artwork by Hutch and Graham Carter:
Budding artists will need to submit their work to us by Saturday 31st January 2009 and the winner will be announced in our artzine section by the end of February 2009. This a fantastic chance to show your artistic side and start the New Year with a positive, creative bang – so get designing!
Competition Terms and Conditions:
1. To qualify to enter the competition you must be resident in the United Kingdom and be 18 years old or over. You must not be an employee of artrepublic, its associated companies or subsidiaries or any advertising agency or web company connected with artrepublic, or any member of any such person's family. artrepublic reserves the right to verify the legibility of applications.
2. In order to qualify for the prize, your entry must be received by the closing date and must be clearly marked ‘Art of Hope Competition. Entries not received by the above deadline will be disqualified.
3. By entering the competition, you hereby warrant that all the information submitted by you in your application is true.
4. The prize is not transferable and cannot be substituted for a cash alternative.
5. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct or the results of any competition, the decision of artrepublic shall be final.
6. artrepublic reserves the right to disqualify any applicant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the applicant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
7. In the event that any applicant is disqualified from the competition, artrepublic in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement contestant should be selected. In this event, any further applicant will be selected on the same criteria as the original applicant and will be subjected to these terms and conditions.
8. Entry to the competition is electronic only.
9. The winner will be selected from those entries received before the closing date.
10. Only the winning applicant will be contacted by artrepublic. artrepublic’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The winner's name may be published in the artzine section of the artrepublic website after the closing date of the competition.
12. The winner will be requested to make themselves available for promotion or publicity of their art. The winning image will become the exclusive property of artrepublic and the winning artist will receive a set percentage of any prints sold.
13. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost or delayed in transmission whether by email or otherwise. artrepublic has no responsibility for damage or loss resulting from misdirected or incomplete entries arising from computable functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
14. artrepublic reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this competition at anytime without prior notice. Any changes will be posted within the rules on the site.
15. The competition and the terms and conditions of this agreement will be governed by English law.
By entering this competition, applicants agree to be bound by the above terms and conditions.
artrepublic is part of the history of Enter Gallery, find out more.