Enter Gallery, Brighton re-opens on June 15th
The impact of Covid-19 has affected so many of us in so many ways. As a small independent business closing our doors left us feeling disorientated and missing our colleagues, customers and being inside our very special gallery. However, we are some of the lucky ones who have been able to stay safe at home and we are incredibly thankful for the wellbeing of everyone on our team.
Thank you to our customers and our team for staying home and looking out for each other during this difficult time. We are also hugely grateful to the hard work and sacrifices made by the key workers who have been holding up the country. We are humbled and we won’t forget.
Despite the uncertainty, we are committed more than ever to be a platform of exposure for our artists as well as offering art to everyone when we all need it most.
It is not quite business as usual, but art is an unusual business and we recognise that we are uniquely placed to offer comfort to people by re-opening our Brighton gallery. We believe that art has the power to help people during hard times by offering relief and reflection. Whether that’s inside a gallery, connecting with art online or reconnecting with a piece of art you own in your home.
Following customer demand and Government recommendations we have decided to re-open our Brighton gallery on June 15th with extra precautions to keep both our customers and staff safe.
A risk assessment has been carried out prior to the reopening in line with new government guidelines combined with Good Work Place Plan 2020 to minimise risk for all employees, colleagues, visitors, and customers. The following protocols will be in place and will be adhered to at all times.
- Maximum of 12 customers in the gallery at any time - groups of no more than four. To avoid a queue, call us today and arrange an appointment time: +44(0)1273 724829.
- Social Distancing of 2m between all staff, colleagues, and customers.
- Frequent and thorough hand washing for staff lasting at least 20 seconds as per guidelines.
- Any technical devices ie card terminals, iPads, iPhone etc that are used by multiple people, will be wiped with anti-bacterial wipes after every use.
- Frequent cleaning of door handles, drawers and surfaces to prevent bacteria spreading.
- Entrance doors to remain open to avoid contamination.
- Gloves will be worn when handling framing samples.
- Toilet facilities will be for staff use only and will be cleaned after every use.
- Maximum of 4 people working at our desk at any time.
- A computer will be assigned to each member of staff at the start of the day for their use only and it will be thoroughly cleaned before and after use.
- Phones will be assigned daily for the use of one person.
- Staff to use their own stationery, crockery and cutlery for their own use to prevent contamination.
We are not clear of the woods yet and we will be will continue to monitor the situation each day to identify areas of improvement to ensure everyone’s safety.
If you fall into the category of being vulnerable or have any symptoms of the virus then please do not risk coming into the gallery and follow the guidelines on self-isolation.
As there is a limit to how many people are permitted in the gallery, there could be a wait to enter the gallery depending on how busy we are. If you are uncomfortable queuing outside the gallery then we will happily book you appointment to visit the gallery at a set time. We also have parking spaces available to those that pre-book.
To book your slot call us on 01273 724829 or email us at email@example.com
For those still at home you can still shop online at entergallery.com and we will be more than happy to help you with any queries whilst you browse our website. Use the chat feature, email us at hello@entergallery or give us a call on 01273 724829
We are still shipping orders for both framed and unframed artworks and will endeavour to get your purchase to you as quickly as possible. However, due to restrictions surrounding COVID-19 your order may take longer than usual to get to you.
Most stock available on the website is held in our Brighton gallery, however there may be some items which will be coming directly from the artist’s studio. Depending on the artist and their circumstances, there may be a delay getting your order to you. We will review each order on a case by case basis and keep you updated on the progress of your order as best as we can.
Our framing workshops have now reopened and are operating within the 2 metre socially distanced guidelines so we can once again offer you bespoke framing options. If you give us a call on 01273 724 829 we can discuss the best solution for your needs.
For any queries regarding orders placed before the closure of the gallery, please call us on 01273 724829 to discuss and we will help you. Please bear in mind that some of our staff have been furloughed and we may take longer than usual to deal with your query. We appreciate your patience and support during this unprecedented time.
Read what we have been up to on lockdown...
- Meet the team. Find out about our favourite artworks, quarantini of choice and what we would go for in a high-stakes art heist!
- Who gives a crap? We do! We donated our loo roll and diverted our subscription to a local food bank in need. (Check out @whogivesacrap they do lovely loo rolls.)
- Our online charity auction raised £1553.50 for Survivors Network
- Isolation inspiration – We looked at the artists that created some of their best work during periods of isolation. Be inspired.
- Street art tours – Take the gallery outside with our virtual tours of Brighton, Brick Lane and Manchester.
- Kids Club went online! See the classes available.
- We asked you to share the moments that made you grateful and brought you joy during an uncertain time. See the entries to our photography competition.
If you have any questions about the website or gallery or anything at all. Contact us and we will be happy to help.